Careers: Photo Editor Manager
Photo Editor Manager
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Polaroid Originals is a new brand from Polaroid dedicated to analog instant photography in the original, iconic format. It’s the next step in a journey started by The Impossible Project, who kept the format alive since 2008, and we have big plans for 2019 and beyond! We’re a spirited, quickly growing international group that’s passionate about instant photography, reframing the way people create, connect, and share memories. Come join us!
The Photo Editor will be responsible for working with the Marketing, Creative and Comms Teams, and closely with the Creative Director, to ensure that Polaroid Originals presents a gold standard of photographic imagery - specifically and especially Polaroid photographs - in all of our brand marketing and communications. It’s an exciting role that exists close to the heart of the brand, and provides an opportunity to work with creative photographers from around the world, and with a dedicated team with photography at the centre of much of the work we do.
- Photo Sourcing:
- Lead the ongoing process of quality sample imagery acquisition from Creative/Comms team briefings - including commissioning relevant photographers, sourcing from the internet and utilising our internal community as appropriate.
- Ensure images are secured to the highest quality, with appropriate usage rights, at a reasonable cost and on time.
- Generated Photography Sourcing Program: using external photographers, source from online, initiate staff-generated content to create photos for Polaroid Originals marketing campaigns
- Negotiated and agree deliverables and fees
- Brief photographers + manage delivery of content
- Manage Sample Photographers database and source new photographers
- Photography Image Rights:
- Ensuring we have negotiated rights to use any of the imagery we require for marketing purposes - including sample images, archive images and legacy images sourced externally.
- Understand how to ensure best value for rights from different sources to ensure best value.
- Understand how to access more Polaroid legacy imagery for general marketing purposes at a reasonable usage/rights cost.
- Image Fee Negotiation
- Clearance of Image Rights and supervise all contracts and edit conditions case by case
- Sign off on accurate credits over all PO materials
- Manage and process all negotiations + contracts to invoice stage
- Photography Archive:
- Management: Lead the organisation of the Polaroid Originals photography archive, so that all photographs are safely stored, properly scanned, tagged accurately, rights are clear and images are easily searchable by members of the Creative and Comms team if necessary.
- Usefulness/Versatility: Ensure that Polaroid Originals is building a diverse archive of useful, useable imagery that enables the Creative/Comms team to find suitable content for a high percentage of their ongoing/short-term marketing requirements without always needing to commission new photographers.
- Be the owner and principle manager of Flight photo management database and photo archiving.
- Lead image editing (retouching, cropping) of E Comms + marketing content
- Supervised image scans quality of all content
The ideal candidate
- 5+ years’ experience in photo sourcing and photo image rights
- Being a leader
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and solve problems autonomously
- Experience working in global teams and collaborating across multiple geographies
- Flexible and agile. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth environment and easily adapts to change as needed
- Ability to see and contribute to big picture brand strategy, inclusive of how both online and offline sales and marketing, as well as high funnel brand and low funnel performance marketing, all play into one holistic plan.
- A passion for instant photography and experience using our products a big plus.
What to expect
This is a fulltime job, based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, . You’ll be reporting directly to the Head of Marketing.
If you’d like to be considered for the role, please email your CV, GitHub, and/or any other relevant information to support your application to Els Rijpstra and Jose Tjonk (HR) via firstname.lastname@example.org.