Careers: Assistant Trade Marketing Manager
Assistant Trade Marketing Manager
Manhattan, NY, United States
An opportunity to make a significant impact in an exciting start-up environment developing one of the world’s best loved brands since its relaunch in September 2017.
Polaroid Originals is the new brand from Polaroid dedicated to analog instant photography, and we’re currently recruiting an Assistant Trade Marketing Manager for the top priority North American business. This is a role for a motivated self-starter who is passionate about brand marketing, flawless execution, impactful trade marketing, and working with a brand immersed in contemporary culture.
The Assistant Trade Marketing Manager is responsible for helping develop and execute a trade marketing strategy to build value to our key accounts with in-store and online marketing by increasing sell-out results and promoting brand awareness of Polaroid Originals in the marketplace.
Key role requirements
Execute the global marketing plan
Under the guidance of the Marketing Manager, this role will help implement the North American marketing plan that reflects the company’s strategic vision and marketing objectives. You will be responsible to expertly execute trade marketing opportunities both in stores and online. You will work closely with the Key Account managers as well as the global team in Amsterdam.
Support North American Trade Marketing programs and activations
Using the global marketing plan as a base and working closely with the key account team, you will develop and execute trade marketing plans and activations that will drive sell-through and build the brand presence with each wholesale account - including national key accounts and premium lifestyle retailers.
Will act as a key contact for internal and external teams in the development, execution, and communication of marketing materials to support all strategic wholesale marketing needs.
Responsibilities will include managing and executing trade shows, briefing in and executing POS displays as needed, proposing and executing digital marketing plans for our key retailers, working with agencies to execute training modules, tracking and analyzing POS sell-out data and digital marketing ROI, tracking marketing spend and timelines, managing strong partnerships with cross-functional partners, preparing clear project kickoff briefs, tracking and sharing best practices, providing competitive insights with the regional and global team, and preparing presentation decks to support strategic planning and retailer presentations.
Role requires great attention to detail and a hands-on attitude to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, and executed flawlessly. Will also assist in other marketing related projects as needed.
Additional role requirements
- This is a full-time role based in Manhattan
- Travel in-market domestically (10%)
- At least three years of Trade Marketing and/or specific Brand Management experience; with demonstrated leadership capabilities and proven to execute project deliverables in a demanding business environment
- Experience working and managing production vendors and timelines
- Strong experience managing trade shows and consumer-facing events
- Front-facing experience working with national accounts, with big box retailers a plus
- Strong analytical skills, the role will include measuring the ROI of marketing programs and initiatives using quantitative data to determine results and guide future strategies
- Experience with working with local agencies to ensure marketing programs are optimized to incorporate local knowledge
The ideal candidate
- Works independently when necessary, naturally collaborates to deliver results
- Strong in MS Office – particularly in PowerPoint and Excel
- Mac proficient
- Ability to apply innovative thought and learnings in an actionable, pragmatic manner
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal cross-functional teams and external groups
- Experience in the world of lifestyle/fashion brands and contemporary culture a big plus
- Relationships within the markets, consumers, and retailers also advantageous
The ideal candidate
- Self-starter with high energy, passionate, and driven to excel
- Results-driven, flexible, and determined, with a strong and disciplined work ethic
- Disciplined in execution with outstanding attention to detail and follow-through skills
- Extremely organized – has experience with tracking projects, timelines, and budgets
- Ability to seek-out, develop, and nurture strong partnerships and work in a highly collaborative environment
- Brings a good spirit to the broader team and brings fun to the workplace; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Hands-on; must have the ability to roll-up sleeves and get into the details
What to expect
This is a full-time job, based in Manhattan, NY. Reports to the Marketing Manager, North America.
If you’d like to be considered for the role, please email your CV and cover letter and any other relevant information to support your application to Mildred Lee at email@example.com. Please do not apply without the relevant experience.