Careers: Junior Accountant
New York City, USA
Polaroid Originals is a new brand from Polaroid, the most recognized name in instant photography. Since September 2017 Polaroid Originals have been selling the OneStep 2 instant camera, enabling everyone to take part in the next era of analog instant photography.
Polaroid Originals is looking for a Junior Accountant to join our US Finance Team. The Junior Accountant will be responsible for maintaining, preparing, and reconciling various types of accounts and other financial documents, with emphasis on Accounts Receivable. The position will lead an effective management, analysis and resolution of the company’s outstanding balances and the application of payments. The Junior Accountant will ensure a strong line of communication is obtained and maintained with customers and internal Staff to provide the best quality in customer care. The role will additionally be responsible for the reporting of account status and projected receivables, as well as providing assistance and coverage to fellow team members.
- Responsible for end to end customer set-up in the ERP system including, coordinating credit line requests from the Accounts Receivable Manager, verifying EDI set-up is complete, and review of all contracts and routing guides for applicable terms
- Initiate, develop and maintain good working relationships with appropriate customer departments such as AP, vendor compliance etc.
- Post customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions
- Post revenues by verifying and entering transactions form lock box and local deposits
- Validate invoice receipts in customer portals, research and resolve any discrepancies
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients
- Verify validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers
- Resolve valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries
- Resolve invalid or unauthorized deductions (chargebacks) by following pending deductions procedures
- Resolve collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections department
- Summarize receivables by maintaining invoice accounts; coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account; verifying totals; preparing detailed weekly report for management
- Compile detailed customer payment forecasts for the Senior Accountant based on sales projections
- Reconcile general and subsidiary bank accounts by gathering and balancing information
- Escalate any issues to appropriate department or management on a regularly scheduled basis
- Maintain customer records, appropriate licenses, agreements and resale certificates
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Accomplish accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
Required Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of experience with Accounts Receivable and practical accounting knowledge
- Display a positive and pro-active attitude, be a strong communicator via email and over the phone with internal and external contacts
- Experience with an ERP system, Microsoft Dynamics is a plus
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced spreadsheet and numerical analysis skills
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to exercise tact and good interpersonal skills
- Time management skills
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to be pro-active with a sense of urgency
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Must possess the ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will excel in developing relationships with internal teams and external customers.
What to expect
This is a full-time job, based in New York City, USA and is available as soon as possible. You will be reporting directly to the Senior Accountant and Accounts Receivable Manager.
If you’d like to be considered for the role, please email your resume and any other relevant information to support your application to email@example.com.