Careers: E-Commerce operations manager
E-Commerce operations manager
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Polaroid Originals is a new brand from Polaroid dedicated to analog instant photography in the original, iconic format. It’s the next step in a journey started by The Impossible Project, who kept the format alive since 2008, and we have big plans for 2020 and beyond!
We’re looking for an accomplished and resourceful eCommerce platform operation manager to help drive our eCommerce business forward. This is a multidisciplinary role, where the primary purpose is to ensure the efficient and effective day-to-day operational management of the Global eCommerce site.The eCommerce platform operations Manager will be in the lead for the development and successful roll-out of new eCommerce features and functionality, as well as the continuous program of optimisation of the website processes. Working on all integrations and ongoing improvements of the global Shopify platform, including the technical/business operations of supporting third party platforms. In this role you will be looking at continuously optimising and maintaining the technical roadmap and ecosystem.
You will support the entire eCommerce team, cross-functionally, working closely with UX designer, the front end developer, creative and marketing, customer retention initiatives, operations, logistics, sales and more, your goal is to collaboratively determine the best development solutions for wide-ranging issues and opportunities, and execute against them independently. It’s a unique opportunity to make a significant, direct impact in an exciting startup environment developing one of the world’s best loved brands since its relaunch in 2017.
As a baseline, you should have strong working knowledge of the following tools and topics:
- eCommerce or digital online experience in a function requiring technical capability
- Knowledge or experience working with Shopify is preferred
- Broad experience with the systems we are using.
- Experience in successfully scaling up teams with a constant focus on quality
- Experience of running A/B and multivariate testing to improve website performance and conversion using a tool such as Optimizely.
- Experience working across multi-lingual, multi-currency sites
- Intermediate knowledge of ERP, OMS systems and fulfilment processes.
- intermediate knowledge of web analytics (Google Analytics) and data warehousing (Google Cloud with BigQuery)
The ideal candidate
We are looking for someone with experience in eCommerce specifically
- Responsible for the development and technical execution of the eCommerce roadmap and close partner with the different eCommerce teams to facilitate the understanding and requirements from both technical and business perspective.
- Management and coordination of the front-end developer across the various active projects.
- Improving business processes by delivering global solutions for Sales, Visual Merchandising, Marketing and CRM.
- Manage key operational functions around Website Checkout, Payment, Order Management, Fulfilment etc.
- Responsible for managing the order and return flow from a logistics and finance perspective.
- Act as the primary DTC stakeholder for inventory and logistics, data processing, finance, legal and customer support.
- Develop knowledge of possible back end logistics systems that support, conversion, exchanged customer lifetime cycle and return processes.
- Collaborate/coordinating with the logistics team.
- Lead the definition and improvement of business operational processes as they relate to the platform and platform tools. Includes understanding business opportunities, understanding the front end technical landscape, and defining solutions that will support the business team in achieving their objectives
- Actively participate in the analysis, design, development, testing of changes, and additions to all systems finiding improvement opportunities and ensuring site health.
- Drive ongoing improvement of operational processes to deliver efficiencies, ensuring consistency across the entire operation and minimizing time spent on processes allowing for more time to maximize sales opportunities.
- Contribute insight into the strategic direction of the eCom team through understanding of the complexity of all different aspects of the business
- Develop and maintain expertise in new emerging technologies related to digital commerce
- Being a key partner for cross-functional teams including customer service, operations and IT
- Building and distributing eCommerce operations reports, summarising and providing analysis and insight into trends
What to expect
This is a full time role based in our Amsterdam HQ. You’ll be reporting directly to the Head of DTC and working closely across the whole team. We’re a spirited, quickly growing international group that’s passionate about instant photography, reframing the way people create, connect, and share memories. Come join us!
If you’d like to be considered for the role, please email your CV, GitHub, and/or any other relevant information to support your application to Jessica Manchester via firstname.lastname@example.org.